Tuesday, February 20, 2007

In celebration of the first nap my son has had in 3 days

...and for my poor husband who has been through the wringer a bit lately.

I made these:


They may not look pretty, but holy hell are they good.

I made them up on the fly and have rarely been so please with myself. Maybe not since the time I made homemade macaroni and cheese with 3 different cheeses and cheese filled tortellini.

I started with your classic cheesecrack crust: graham crackers crumbs, butter and sugar, and pressed it into a dozen muffin tins lined with paper.



And then, oh lord, this is where it got really good, in a moment of genius I melted some white chocolate and poured a dollop into the center of each crust:




For the batter, again a very basic cheesecake recipe: cream cheese, eggs & sugar, to which I added a puree of raspberries made with a bit of sugar, lemon juice and almond extract.


After pouring the batter on top of the crust and, ahem, white chocolate, I baked them for about 15 minutes.

(There is probably even a magic way to turn them gluten free ala Ms Melanie, but you'd have to make your own graham crackers. Which she can do. Because she's got fancy flours. A lot of fancy flours.)

Really, I mean GOD these things were good enough to make my son remember every bit of etiquette that we've ever drilled into his head.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yer darn tootin I will be making gluten free graham cracker crust, because I just don't think I can live in a world without graham cracker crust. How would I make cheesecake???

Also, if you could tell me your secret cheese recipe for the mac and cheese, I'm going to be working on a gf version of that too!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

drooooooooooooooool.

2:39 PM  
Blogger mrshammer said...

O. My.

Gudy !

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you all. Such a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful family!! Though we live an hour apart, should we put off a cup-a-joe til SF, CA in Sept.???? Aye, my schedule is all mine, i could travel around naps.

---Cousin Chris' Sibling of a different way........(wink) (Ps. thank you.)

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home